Founded in 1999 through the efforts of our first Grand Knight, Bob Hamer, the Council is one of several Holy Trinity Ministries working closely with Holy Trinity Parish, the Parish school, and the local El Dorado County community providing funds and manpower for numerous charitable programs. We serve in each of the four pillars of our parish: hospitality, prayer, formation, and service to advance our parish mission: To proclaim the Gospel so that all will be one in Christ for the glory of God.
The Council has received many awards and accolades from both local and state associations for these efforts.
Faith in Action. Here are some of the things that our Council does:
- Knights participate as Extraordinary Ministers of Holy Communion including ministry to the homebound, Sacristans, music, and Lectors
- RSVP program – supporting seminarians
- Christmas and Easter Parking volunteers
- Chalice program for deceased Knights
- Major donor – Holy Trinity Youth Ministry
- Basketball Free Throw Contest
- Poster & Essay Contests
- Father’s Day BBQ
- Mother’s Day Brunch
- 8th Grade Graduation Dinner
- Drive to Help People with Intellectual Disabilities
- Welcome breakfasts at the request of the Parish
- Columbus Day spaghetti feed
- Our Lady of Guadalupe feast
- Thanksgiving turkey drive
- Easter ham drive
- Other service projects as needed whenever our parish or priests ask
- Lenten Fish Fry / soup dinner
- Host chapter meetings when requested
- Support Eagle Scout projects
- Host Blood Drives Vitalant each year
- Breakfast for Walk for Life
- Rose Sales
- Golf Tournament for Mother Teresa Maternity Home
- Table sponsorship at Mother Teresa Maternity Home Banquet
- Memorial for unborn
- Man table for SB 360 bill protest action
Required Safe Environment Training
All Council members who wish to volunteer at Holy Trinity Parish must complete Safe Haven training every three years (offered through the Diocese of Sacramento) and also be fingerprinted.
Link to PDF instructions on how to register in CMG connect to take Safe Haven Training
General link to the Safe Environment page at the Diocese website. Note: information is available on that page on fingerprinting locations. Members of Holy Trinity Knights Council 12394 will be reimbursed the expense (approx. $20) for fingerprinting. Submit receipt during regular business meeting.
Live Scan Location
One of the main locations locally to get your fingerprint/Live Scan taken care of is at the UPS Store in Folsom.
What Should I Bring To Your Live Scan Center?
> A completed Request for Live Scan Service Form.
> A valid government-issued picture ID, such as a driver’s license or passport. An expired ID is considered not valid.
> Payment in the form of exact cash, check (personal or company), or credit card.
Past Grand Knights
1998-1999 Fr. McGivney Membership and Founders’ Insurance Award
1999-2000 Star Council Award
1999-2000 2nd Place Best Membership Activities Division 1, State Council
2000-2001 Star Council Award
2002-2003 Star Council Award
2003-2004 Star Council Award
2003-2004 1st Place Membership Award Division 3, State Council
2004-2005 Star Council Award
2004-2005 1st Place Membership Award, Division 3, State Council
2005-2006 Fr. McGivney Membership and Columbian Award Service Programs
2009-2010 1st Place Chapter Recruitment Northern California Chapter
2009-2010 Fr. McGivney Membership and Founders’ Insurance Award
2013-2014 Fr. McGivney Membership and Columbian Award Service Programs